Labor Day Fun: Plan Your Summit County Lodging Now!
Posted by: admin August 21st, 2014
We have said it before, and now we are going to say it again … Frisco, Colorado is truly the Main Street to the Rockies! Book your Summit County lodging in the high country at the Frisco Lodge and set yourself up perfectly for all of the Labor Day weekend events happening in and around Summit County! From the Copper Country festival at Copper Mountain to the 27th Annual Great Rubber Duck Race in Breckenridge, the Rockies will be hopping this Labor Day weekend.
The following is a list of some of the events that are happening in and around Summit County Labor Day weekend:
Labor Day Events In Breckenridge, Colorado
- 39th Annual Gathering at the Great Divide Art Festival (Saturday-Monday, August 30-September 1, 10am-6pm): Just a 15-minute drive from our Summit County lodging, the granddaddy of Summit County art festivals celebrates the 39th year of this event on North Main Street, featuring more than 120 artists. A great way to end the summer season and celebrate Labor Day in Breckenridge.
- 27th Annual Great Rubber Duck Race (Saturday, August 30, 10am): Great fun for the entire family, the rubber duck race is one of Summit County’s largest fundraisers, helping to raise over $100,000 to grant back to the local community.
Labor Day Events at Copper Mountain, Colorado
- Copper Country Festival (Friday – Sunday, August 29-31): Just 10 minutes from the Frisco Lodge, this is a Labor Day festival tradition that the entire family can enjoy. Copper Country celebrates the best of the American spirit with FREE live music, a fine arts exhibition, kids arts & crafts corral and the Colorado Craft Brew Pairing Dinner. Past entertainers have included the likes of Lynyrd Skynrd, John Fogerty and The Doobie Brothers, and this year’s lineup is sure not to disappoint with Wynonna & The Big Noise, Kenny Loggins and the Blue Sky Riders gracing the Copper Country stage.
Labor Day Events at Keystone, Colorado
- Taste of Keystone (Sunday, August 31, 11am-4pm): Dubbed as the best culinary event of the summer, the Taste of Keystone is the perfect way to experience Keystone’s finest cuisine in a beautiful outdoor setting.
Labor Day Events in Vail, Colorado
- 20th Anniversary Vail Jazz Party (Thursday-Monday, August 28-September 1): Roughly 30 minutes from the Frisco Lodge’s Summit County lodging, the Vail Jazz Party takes place in the heart of Lionshead Village in Vail. This festival weekend has a unique party spirit that attracts musicians and jazz lovers from all over the world. Each year, up-and-coming artists play alongside the living legends of jazz in an intimate venue surrounded by the natural beauty of Vail, Colorado. With twenty-five hours of performances throughout the weekend (morning, noon and night), the audience and musicians are connected in a manner that consistently inspires great performances. The festival culminates in a unique mix of world-class musicians in a one-of-a-kind format that has lived up to its title … “THE Labor Day Weekend Party!”
- Gourmet On Gore (Friday-Monday, August 29-September 1): The 9th Annual Gourmet on Gore unique culinary festival offers an open-air tasting with world-class wine, beer and spirits with culinary delights from Vail’s top restaurants. With FREE admission and a variety of additional pairing events and Tasting Tour, this is one event not to be missed. Bring the kids too … Saturday & Sunday from 12-5pm the Kid’s Culinary Corner will be featured for those “chefs in the making.”
As you may or may not know, Labor Day weekend signifies the unofficial end to summer. Well, up here in the high country, this sentiment actually rings true as cooler weather arrives sooner than later. Now is the time to book your Summit County lodging with the Frisco Lodge and experience all that the Rocky Mountains have to offer before its too late!